Robyn Crutchfield, Prairie Star for Life
Robyn Crutchfield (’16 LAS) exemplifies so many of the qualities we think of when we say “Leadership lived.” Here are some of the programs and activities that she has taken advantage of as she developed the leadership skills that will allow her to contribute so well whatever her future holds. All these programs and activities benefit from the support that the UIS Fund provides, so if you have given to this important fund–THANK YOU!
- Robyn was President of the UIS Alternative Spring Break in 2014. The group went to Washington, D.C., to fight hunger and homelessness. UIS students worked with the Youth Services Opportunities Project (YSOP). You can read a UIS news article about the trip: UIS students to spend Alternative Spring Break fighting hunger and homelessness in Washington, D.C.
- Robyn was also treasurer of the Black Student Union, a club whose purpose is to educate, unite, and inspire black students with cultural awareness; to strive for academic excellence and empower black students to build the future while we motivate and learn. Take a look at the Black Student Union’s Facebook page.
- This fall, Robyn will be serving as a residence assistant on the Necessary Steps Living Learning Community floor of the residence hall. Learn more about this great program that provides resources for first-generation students.
- Robyn’s a sociology major who would like to help make our prison systems better.
- She was also featured as a Leadership lived student this past spring. Read Robyn’s profile here.
UIS has many more students like Robyn who benefit from the generous gifts of alumni and friends. You are doing wonderful things when you invest in the UIS Fund!
Web Content for Featured Letters
- New Athletic Scholarship Honors Tennis Coach Manny Velasco
- Jon Talarico Heads Toward a College Degree
- Gifts to Chemistry Fund Senior Award
- Student Affairs, June 2013, featuring Bridget Donley
- Chancellor’s Fund for Excellence, May 2013, featuring Jaime Cruz and UIS’ partnership with the Illinois National Guard
- UIS Fund Letter and Email, April 2013, featuring Justin Rose