Above: A member of the Master of Arts in Teacher Leadership sets up a table at the 2012 FASC Kickoff.
(Stay tuned for 2013 FASC pictures!)
Update on 2012-13: UIS Employees are Treasures!
Here are some facts about the 2012-2013 Annual Faculty and Staff Campaign
- 326 UIS employees made 1,905 gifts, totaling $127,775. (As a comparison, in FY12, 289 donors made 1,687 gifts, totaling $71,273.)
- Percentage of employees who gave: 44.11% (up from 41.34% last year)
- Percentage of employees who gave, by employee type:
- 28.36 of civil service employees (down from 35.39% last year)
- 51.36% of faculty employees (up from 41.18% last year)
- 55.36% of academic professional employees (up from 48.17% last year)
- #1 fund where employees gave: WUIS (120 donors) See a list of where UIS employees gave in FY 2013.
- Here are just two examples of how employee gifts were used:
- Thirty employees made gifts to UIS Athletics last year, totaling $4,497.37. These 30 individuals became a valuable member of the STARS Club. The STARS Club raises support for program enhancements and scholarship opportunities for student-athletes through an annual fund drive. These donations impacted more than 175 student-athletes who represent 11 varsity teams competing in the Great Lakes Valley Conference and NCAA DII. UIS Athletics number one goal is to graduate all student-athletes. This past spring the average GPA for student-athletes was 3.15.
- Twenty employees made gifts to the UIS Visual Arts Gallery, totaling $1,691.00. These donations support regular gallery programming throughout the year, such as the exhibitions of internationally renowned artist Roger Shimomura, Chicago collaborative team Industry of the Ordinary, and Minnesota new media artist Rosemary Williams. The donations are critical in the ongoing effort to maintain dynamic and ambitious contemporary art programming each year.
- We can now offer you a list of 326 faculty and staff donors who gave during Fiscal Year 2013, which you can peruse either online or on one of the blue posters around campus. Thank you so much to all our generous UIS employees!
The FASC Campaign in 2013-14
Each year, the month-long Faculty and Staff Campaign celebrates and encourages the giving of faculty and staff at UIS with events and promotions, beginning with the Kickoff, held this year on Wednesday, February 27. For more information on the Campaign, please see the 2013-14 Faculty and Staff Campaign Brief. Stay tuned for news of what next year’s theme will be, chosen by the FASC Campaign Council.
Giving Has Already Started for Next Year
Your gift will count toward 2013-14 Faculty and Staff totals. Your gift can support any area of campus—any college, department, or specific fund–by making a gift online, by check, or by payroll deduction.
Many of you give to the UIS Staff Scholarship in Memory of Mike Love. You could also make a gift to the UIS Scholarship Fund. The many gifts to this fund add up to multiple scholarships for students at UIS.