Since 1964, the Presidents Council has offered private donors a unique opportunity to impact the University of Illinois at Springfield and the other two Illinois campuses (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and the University of Illinois at Chicago).
From 85 charter members in 1964, this group now numbers 10,500 dedicated supporters. Members include those who have made outright gifts of $25,000 or more in their lifetimes, as well as those who have made deferred gifts of $50,000 or more. This program alone has recorded more than $500 million in private gifts to support the University.
More than a society of generous contributors, Presidents Council members actively support our mission by lending their professional experience and input to University officials.
Council recognition levels
All prior gifts to the University of Illinois Foundation and the University count toward Council membership and recognition levels,* regardless of previously designated campus beneficiaries. Corporate matching gifts qualify as well.
Council Giving Levels
- Membership Circle: $25,000 cumulative outright giving or $50,000 deferred
- Consular Circle: $50,000 cumulative outright giving or $100,000 deferred
- Centuria Circle: $100,000 cumulative outright giving or $200,000 deferred
- Pentad Circle: $500,000 cumulative outright giving or deferred
Laureate Circle Levels of Distribution
- Laureate Circle: $1 million cumulative outright giving or deferred
- Principal Circle: $5 million cumulative outright giving or deferred
- Pinnacle Circle: $10 million cumulative outright giving or deferred
All Council members receive the following tokens of appreciation:
- Membership identification card
- Your name entered onto the Council membership honor roll
- Invitations to various nationwide events
- Invitations to the Annual Meeting of the University of Illinois Foundation and Council on the Urbana-Champaign campus
- Lapel or tie-tack pins
- 30% discount on University of Illinois Press purchases
- Engraved Council certificate embossed with your name and signed by the University President
In addition, each campus offers specific courtesies to Council members, including:
- Selected library privileges
- Selected discounts
- Visitor’s parking permits (restrictions apply)
Council members enrolled in the Laureate Circle levels receive additional distinctive tokens of appreciation.
Membership Contact Information
For membership information, please feel free to call Vicki Megginson at 217.206.6058. She would be more than happy to talk over the many benefits of giving to the University of Illinois (and not just the ones listed above!).
*New pledges are not accepted for Council membership. Joint membership is extended to couples at all recognition levels.