Above: Morgan Diffenderfer presents her work on the effects of herbivory on three species native to Emiquon at the 2012 UIS Student Arts & Research Symposium.
Annual Celebration of Students’ Scholarly Inquiry and Creative Endeavors
On Thursday, April 11 and Friday, April12, seventy (70) students will be presenting their research and arts projects.
Please consider making a gift in support this important event, which allows students to showcase the work they have done in collaboration with UIS faculty. You can use the Donate button to make a gift to the Undergraduate Student Research Fund; feel free to add a note under Special Instructions if you would like your gift to support specifically the StARS Symposium.
Some of the Events at the StARS
- Alchemist Review kickoff: For 30 years, students have been contributing their literary fiction, poetry, and visual arts to the Alchemist Review.
- UIS Theatre production, Awake and Sing, on both Thursday and Friday evenings.
- Keynote presentation by Ryan Ewing, assistant professor of Geological Sciences at the University of Alabama. Dr. Ewing is currently exploring the surface of Mars with the NASA Curiosity Team.
- Keynote presentation by poet Mary Jo Bang, author of six books; Elegy received the National Book Critics Circle Award
- Luncheon presentation by Chancellor Susan J. Koch
- Oral presentations, and posters, music and art
- An awards ceremony and ice cream social on Friday afternoon.
All Are Welcome
We invite the community to attend the presentations. Please visit the StARS website for more information.