How do I make an appointment?
- Call (217) 206-6503 and make an appointment to meet with a TA or an instructor.
- Stop by BRK 460 and make an appointment with our front desk!
- Email email@example.com and request an appointment with a TA or an instructor.
Please provide the following information when making an appointment:
- Course and Section (MAT 115 A, ENG 101 H)
- Assignment and Guidelines
- Length of Paper (if for writing)
- Style Guide (if for writing)
- When you are available for the appointment – list multiple times
Specific instructions about appointments:
- Prep Time: Bring or send your assignment instructions and assignment for the tutor’s “prep” time to BRK 460 or firstname.lastname@example.org so that the tutor can prepare for the appointment.
- Cancelling Appointment: Students should call or email the CTL before their scheduled appointment if they can’t show up for the appointment.
- No Show STANDING Appointment Policy: If a student does not show up for his/her standing (meets at the same time each week with the same tutor) appointment for three consecutive appointments, the CTL will have to end the standing appointment. The CTL defines a “no show” as an appointment in which the student does not show up or shows up more than 15 minutes late without contacting the CTL.
- No Show REGULAR Appointment Policy: If a student does not show up for his/her regular appointment for three consecutive appointments, the tutor has the right to request walk-ins only for the student.
The CTL defines a “no show” as an appointment in which the student does not show up or shows up more than 15 minutes late without contacting the CTL.
- Busy Periods: The CTL gets very busy with appointments beginning with midterms until the end of the semester. If you know that you will need an appointment, it’s best to schedule the appointment as soon as possible. Try to avoid scheduling the appointment the same day the assignment is due. If we are too busy and can’t find a time to get you an appointment, please be patient with us and know that we are doing the best we can to help you in a timely manner with the resources we have.
Back to top