Major in Criminal Justice
18 hours of core courses are required of all Criminal Justice majors.
23 hours of electives are required of all Criminal Justice majors
NOTE: Core Course Requirements are effective Fall 2008. These courses are:
- CRJ 239 Intro to Criminal Justice (or equivalent) 3 HRS
- CRJ 315 Critical Thinking in CRJ 3 HRS
- CRJ 342 Statistics for Criminal Justice 3 HRS
- CRJ 345 Research Methods in CRJ 3 HRS
- CRJ 421 Criminological Theory 3 HRS
- CRJ 489 Senior Seminar 3 HRS
Total Core Courses: 18 HRS
Total Electives Courses: 23 HRS
Please refer to the CRJ Course Descriptions for additional information.
Minor in Criminal Justice
15 hours of University of Illinois Springfield Criminal Justice courses are needed for the minor.
At least 9 hours must be taken at the 300 – 400 level
- CRJ 239 Introduction to Criminal Justice
- 12 hours of Criminal Justice electives
Students completing a Criminal Justice minor must earn an overall C average in the minor.