AST 305/501 Prior Learning Portfolio Development (3-4 credit hours)
- This course teaches students to develop a model experiential learning portfolio which provides a framework for their experiential learning.
- After successful completion of AST305/501, students may wish to submit additional prior learning portfolios as recommended by their program advisor for up to a total of 16 credit hours.
- This online course offers extensive feedback to students in preparing the portfolio components and a lively and supportive community of learners.
- The course is writing-intensive and enhances such academic skills as oral communication, reflective and critical writing, analysis, and evaluation.
Students who are pursuing a Bachelor’s degree should register for AST 305. AST 501 is reserved for graduate students.
How the assessment process works:
- The portfolio developed in AST 305 is considered the Final Exam
for AST 305, and is evaluated and graded by the student’s
- After successful completion of AST 305 for four credit hours, additional portfolios may be submitted for up to 12 credit hours. These will be reviewed by a faculty assessor with expertise in the topic area. The faculty assessor makes the final determination of credit for additional portfolios.
- A maximum of 16 credit hours can be granted through the CPL process, depending on the student’s academic program. Some programs utilize the CPL program on a wider basis than other majors.