The Parent Help Line (Springfield) (888) 727-5889 or (217) 544-5808 is a 24-hour service that advocates the prevention of physical, emotional and sexual child abuse.
- Crisis hotline/helplines in Illinois
- In today’s world, education is the key to a successful future. Going back to school as a single parent and being successful requires a strategy and plan for success.
- Parenting is a tough job. It seems like there’s never enough time, money, sleep or help. No wonder you get stressed. See parenting.org for tips that will help you manage the stress of being a parent.
- The Campus Tours website shares management ideas for balancing your college schedule.
- Balancing your time – Get tips on how to nurture your children while still setting time and energy aside for yourself, balancing their needs with your own. Being a student is a very demanding time in any situation and much more challenging when you have the added responsibility of children. This web site will give you some pointers on how to handle parental stress!
- Single parenting – Many of you are single parents, which adds even more responsibilities, plus the added burden of school work. This web site has multiple links to give you tips and advice about single parenting. Here are just a few of the subjects covered: child care, stress management, discipline, family fun, finances and relationships.