The 47th annual University of Illinois Springfield commencement ceremonies will be held at the Bank of Springfield Center in Springfield, Illinois, on May 12, 2018.
The Center is located in downtown Springfield at 9th and Adams streets.
- To purchase a ceremony DVD, please complete the Graduation Ceremony DVD Request.
- Guests requiring special assistance should make arrangements in advance with Disability Services by calling (217) 206-6666.
- Wheelchairs for transport will not be available at the PCCC.
- Graduating students who require special assistance should contact Graduation by calling (217) 206-7730.
The Center parking ramp is located at the corner of 7th and Washington streets.
Other special events are being held downtown on commencement day. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you allow extra time for heavy traffic and parking (parking information can be found below).
- Coming from the SOUTH on I-55 (St. Louis), take the 6th St. Exit (#92) to Downtown Springfield. Stay on 6th St. At Washington St. turn right. Go one (1) block.
- Coming from the NORTH on I-55 (Chicago), take the Clear Lake Avenue Exit (#98). Clear Lake Ave. merges with Jefferson St. Take a left on 7th St. Go one (1) block.
- Coming from the EAST on I-72 (Champaign), continue straight ahead on Clear Lake Ave. It will merge with Jefferson St. Take a left on 7th St. Go one (1) block.
- Coming from the WEST on I-72 (Jacksonville), take the 6th St. Exit to Downtown Springfield. Stay on 6th St. At Washington St. turn right. Go one (1) block.
- 7th & Adams – Located next to the Convention Center and Pres. A. Lincoln Hotel
- 7th & Monroe – Located next to Hilton Hotel
- 6th & Washington – Located below the Old State Capitol- Open 7am-7pm on weekdays, Sat. 7am-6pm, closed on Sun.
- 6th & Capital
- 4th & Washington- 24 hour access
- 7th & Monroe – Located below Lincoln Library
- Abraham Lincoln Museum – 7am – 7pm, Wed. night open until 10pm
- 4th & Washington
Note: Other special events are being held downtown on commencement day; therefore, not all parking ramps/lots may be available.
The following hotels may extend discounted rates to family members and friends attending the UIS Commencement Ceremonies. Please mention “UIS Commencement” when calling to make reservations.
- Crowne Plaza
3000 South Dirksen Pkwy
Springfield, IL 62703
Crowne Plaza Room Information/Rates
- Holiday Inn Express
3050 South Dirksen Pkwy
Springfield, IL 62703
Holiday Inn Express Room Information/Rates
- The State House Inn – An Ascend Collection Hotel
101 East Adams Street
Springfield, Illinois 62701
The State House Inn Room Information/Rates
- Wyndham Springfield City Centre
700 East Adams
Springfield, IL 62701
Wyndham Springfield City Centre Room Information/Rates
- For additional hotel information please contact the Springfield Convention and Visitor’s Bureau at (800) 545-7300.
- For detailed information about restaurants in Springfield please contact the Springfield Convention and Visitor’s Bureau at (800) 545-7300.