Information for Students 2012
The 41st UIS commencement ceremony was held on May 12, 2012, at 2pm, in the Prairie Capital Convention Center in Springfield, Illinois.
Important Information for All Graduates
- Stars Marching! – View a Flash animation of the procession plan for the ceremony.
- Want to know the proper etiquette for Commencement? Download the guide here. (pdf)
- Download the order form to purchase a DVD of the ceremony. (pdf)
- Student Commencement Speaker Application (pdf)
See the Visitors section of this website for information about special needs, distance viewing, tickets, events, directions, parking, hotels, and restaurants.
Graduate Salute days were held:
- March 29, 11:00 am – 7:00 pm
- March 30, 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
- March 31, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
You should have purchased your cap and gown at the Graduate Salute in the UIS Bookstore (located on the first floor of Founders Hall). Peoria students should have purchased their caps and gowns through the UIS Peoria Center. Download more information.
Without your cap and gown purchase, we will not know of your intent to participate. Therefore, you MUST purchase your cap and gown during Graduate Salute.
If you are making any other cap and gown arrangements (e.g., borrowing a black cap and gown from a friend), you MUST contact the Office of Records and Registration by emailing email@example.com. Please note that a $25.00 late fee will be assessed to all students who order their cap and gown after March 31.
The Official Ring of the University of Illinois at Springfield symbolizes the educational values, heritage, and traditions of the University. The University of Illinois alumni family is united by rich traditions of loyalty, excellence, and service, and we invite you to help carry on this proud legacy through active participation in the UIS Ring Program.
The UIS Ring can be ordered by phone (866/225-3687) or online (www.balfour.com).
Balfour, the Official UIS Ring provider, will have representatives on campus during Graduate Salute to size and order rings in-person.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact Graduation by calling (217) 206-7730 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Starting Your Affordable Legacy
It’s easy to participate:
- Congratulations on the Brilliant Future ahead of you. As you go forward, please consider helping those who follow with your contributions to the UIS program of your choice. We have many wonderful giving opportunities available at any level of giving. For more information, please go to www.uis.edu/development.
- Or Call the Development Office at 217-206-6058.
- Future graduates will thank you!