Information for Students 2015
The 44th UIS commencement ceremony was held on May 16, 2015, at 4pm, in the Prairie Capital Convention Center in Springfield, Illinois.
Important Information for All Graduates
- Seating Stars Marching! – View a Flash animation of the procession plan for the ceremony.
- Ceremony DVDTo purchase a DVD of the ceremony please complete Graduation Ceremony DVD Request here.
- Ceremony PHOTOGRAPHS
Professional photography on commencement day will be provided by GradImages. Questions regarding photographs following the ceremony should be addressed directly to GradImages.
Want to know the proper etiquette for Commencement? Download the guide here. (pdf)
- Student Speaker Application Information Student Commencement Speaker Application – The deadline to submit an application form for 2015 was Noon on Monday, March 23, 2015. This year’s Student Commencement Speaker will be Blake Hudson.
See the Visitors section of this website for information about special needs, directions, parking, hotels, and restaurants.
Graduate Salute days were held:
- Thursday, March 26, 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Friday, March 27, 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, March 28, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Students were able to purchase a cap and gown during the Graduate Salute in the UIS Bookstore (located on the first floor of Founders Hall). Peoria students were able to purchase their caps and gowns through the UIS Peoria Center.
Without your cap and gown purchase, we will not know of your intent to participate. Therefore, you MUST purchase your cap and gown during Graduate Salute.
If you are making any other cap and gown arrangements (e.g., borrowing a black cap and gown from a friend), you MUST contact the Office of Records and Registration by emailing email@example.com. Please note that a late fee will be assessed by the UIS Bookstore to all students who order their cap and gown after Graduate Salute (students will be assessed a $10 late fee during the first week after Graduate Salute and a $20 late fee for any orders placed thereafter).
The Official Ring of the University of Illinois at Springfield symbolizes the educational values, heritage, and traditions of the University. The University of Illinois alumni family is united by rich traditions of loyalty, excellence, and service, and we invite you to help carry on this proud legacy through active participation in the UIS Ring Program.
The UIS Ring can be ordered by phone (866/225-3687) or online (www.balfour.com).
Balfour, the Official UIS Ring provider, will have representatives on campus during Graduate Salute to size and order rings in-person.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact Graduation by calling (217) 206-7730 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Starting Your Affordable Legacy
It’s easy to participate:
- Congratulations on the Brilliant Future ahead of you. As you go forward, please consider helping those who follow with your contributions to the UIS program of your choice. We have many wonderful giving opportunities available at any level of giving. For more information, please visit the Advancement website.
- Or Call the Development Office at 217-206-6058.
- Future graduates will thank you!