Information for Students
The 44th UIS commencement ceremony will be held on May 16, 2015, at 4pm, in the Prairie Capital Convention Center in Springfield, Illinois.
Important Information for All Graduates
- Seating Stars Marching! – View a Flash animation of the procession plan for the ceremony.
- Ceremony DVD
Download the order form to purchase a DVD of the ceremony. (pdf)
- Ceremony PHOTOGRAPHS
Professional photography on commencement day will be provided by GradImages. Questions regarding photographs following the ceremony should be addressed directly to GradImages.
Want to know the proper etiquette for Commencement? Download the guide here. (pdf)
- Student Speaker Application Information
Student Commencement Speaker Application (pdf) – The deadline to submit an application form for 2014 was Noon on Tuesday, March 25, 2014. Information regarding this year’s student commencement speaker will be available soon.
- Commencement Letter #1 (pdf)
- Commencement Letter #2 (coming soon)
- Commencement Letter #3(coming soon)
See the Visitors section of this website for information about special needs, distance viewing, tickets, events, directions, parking, hotels, and restaurants.
Graduate Salute days will be held:
- Thursday, March 26, 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Friday, March 27, 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, March 28, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
You will be able to purchase your cap and gown during the upcoming Graduate Salute in the UIS Bookstore (located on the first floor of Founders Hall). Peoria students will be able to purchase their caps and gowns through the UIS Peoria Center. More information to follow.
Without your cap and gown purchase, we will not know of your intent to participate. Therefore, you MUST purchase your cap and gown during Graduate Salute.
If you are making any other cap and gown arrangements (e.g., borrowing a black cap and gown from a friend), you MUST contact the Office of Records and Registration by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that a late fee will be assessed by the UIS Bookstore to all students who order their cap and gown after Graduate Salute (students will be assessed a $10 late fee during the first week after Graduate Salute and a $20 late fee for any orders placed thereafter).
The Official Ring of the University of Illinois at Springfield symbolizes the educational values, heritage, and traditions of the University. The University of Illinois alumni family is united by rich traditions of loyalty, excellence, and service, and we invite you to help carry on this proud legacy through active participation in the UIS Ring Program.
The UIS Ring can be ordered by phone (866/225-3687) or online (www.balfour.com).
Balfour, the Official UIS Ring provider, will have representatives on campus during Graduate Salute to size and order rings in-person.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact Graduation by calling (217) 206-7730 or by emailing email@example.com.
Starting Your Affordable Legacy
It’s easy to participate:
- Congratulations on the Brilliant Future ahead of you. As you go forward, please consider helping those who follow with your contributions to the UIS program of your choice. We have many wonderful giving opportunities available at any level of giving. For more information, please go to www.uis.edu/development.
- Or Call the Development Office at 217-206-6058.
- Future graduates will thank you!