Managing Blackboard Course Sites at UIS
Preparing to teach online at UIS involves several steps, including constructing the course components in the online environment using the Blackboard Learning Management System (LMS) and other tools.
Take some time to read about the areas listed below. COLRS also suggests at a minimum that you also review Learning Theories. COLRS instruction specialists are available for faculty consultation and support. Please contact us today to set up a meeting (virtual or on campus).
- Blackboard Course Creation/Requests
- Making Your Course Unavailable to Students (HIDE)
- Making your Course Available to Students (SHOW)
- Course Availability for Students with Incompletes
- Automatic Course Announcement
- Copying Your Blackboard Course
- Copying and Pasting from Word Processors
- Archiving (keeping copies of) your Blackboard Courses