Chat with the Chancellor
To Join the Chat
|Date||Monday, February 24, 2014|
|Time||8-9 p.m. CST|
|Location||Online Webconference using Microsoft Lync|
|Join Online||Click here to join the Microsoft Lync session|
|You may join the session any time after 7:50 p.m. on Feb. 24. The Chancellor will be online until 9 p.m.|
|If you have trouble accessing the session, please copy and paste this URL directly into your web browser to join the chat: http://go.uis.edu/chat|
Microsoft Lync is a communication tool that allows users to collaborate in real-time via text chat, audio/video chat, and desktop sharing. Students will use the Web App for Lync 2013 to join Lync sessions. The Web App is fully featured, and is compatible with Mac and Windows computers.
Joining a Microsoft Lync Session
- Before joining a Microsoft Lync session, have your microphone headset plugged in. It is recommended to use a microphone headset (or at least headphones/earphones or an echo canceling microphone) rather than speakers. This will eliminate potential echoing and feedback and improve your audio experience.
- To log into your Microsoft Lync session, click on (or copy and paste) the link provided to you:
- After clicking the link to the session, users can select to use the Web App.
- Enter your name and select Join the meeting.
- Upon entering in the web app, you may check or adjust your audio settings by clicking the wheel icon in the upper right corner. Select Audio Device, and the Customize your Device to check or customize your devices.
For more information on Microsoft Lync