Through HECA-sponsored online teaching partnership the University of Illinois at Springfield (UIS) aims to provide leadership, training and collaborations with Chicago State University (CSU) and Northeastern Illinois University (NIU). This partnership provides another dimension to using online tools to enhance the diversity of views in our classes. Goals include:
- Provide access to unique educational experiences with students from diverse backgrounds (urban and rural)
- Eliminate the physical distances between the various campuses (central verses northern Illinois)
Learn more at the partnership website.
Additional Teaching Partnerships
Faculty members often seek out teaching partnerships with universities around the world.
- Warsaw School of Economics, Poland
Dr. Peter Boltuc and Dr. Keith Miller partner with faculty members from the Warsaw School of Economics to teach “Computing and Philosophy.”
- BRAC University, Bangladesh
Based on his Fullbright experiences, Dr. Mohammed Shahidullah continues to partner with BRAC University to offer sociology and anthropology course “Marriage and Family.”
- Lesley University, Cambridge, MA
Shari McCurdy Smith partnered with a faculty member at Lesley in her Educational Leadership course, “Technology in the Curriculum.”