Over the past decade UIS has moved to the forefront of institutions engaged in online learning and the uses of technology in instruction. UIS faculty members’ responsiveness to adopting the Internet and other technologies for instruction has been followed quickly by their scholarship focused on online learning and emerging educational technologies.
The Center for Online Learning, Research and Service supports faculty in advancing knowledge in the field of online teaching and learning. The Center is the UIS hub for the study and application of online learning pedagogy, technology, and best practices.
It provides support for both original scholarly research and the dissemination of results focusing especially on the synergies between discovery research and the enhancement of current online education practices.
Center Supported Activities
- Discovery research
- Academic writing and review
- Enhancing current online teaching practices
- Promotion, publication, and dissemination of scholarly research
- Data collection, research and analysis
- Archiving and preserving academic materials