In the Fall of 2010, the Center for Online Learning Research and Service began a new Faculty Research Fellows Program.
How to become a COLRS Faculty Research Fellow?
Full-time tenured or tenure track UIS faculty with a history of teaching online.
Terms of Appointment
- Two year terms.
- Five per year for a total of ten, staggered appointments.
- Reappointment possible, but not consecutively.
- Limited support for research work.
- Use the title of Faculty Fellow in COLRS.
- Participation in the research activities of COLRS.
- Service on the COLRS Research Group.
The COLRS Research Group will coordinate, facilitate and advocate for research into the effectiveness of online and blended learning. The Research Group will be expected to design and conduct a pattern of activities that will best advance the research goals of the unit. The Research Group will also advise the Director on COLRS on the unit’s mission statement. The Research Group will be comprised of the Director of the Center for Online Learning, Research and Service, appropriate COLRS staff as designated by the Director, and the current Faculty Fellows.
Selection of Faculty Fellows
- Request applications each spring term (2-3 pages).
- Current resume.
- A description of the work proposed under the auspices of COLRS.
- A description of the relationship of that work to the goals of COLRS.
Criteria for Selection
- Fit of the proposed work with the research mission of COLRS
- Potential for significant contribution as shown by prior record of success.
Appointments begin the following fall.
Appointments made by the Director of COLRS, on recommendation of the COLRS Research Group.