Softchalk Content Creator
SoftChalk Lesson Builder is a powerful course content editor that lets you easily create accessible, engaging, interactive web lessons for your online courses.
The materials are embedded in your Blackboard — eliminating the need to attach Word documents. SoftChalk writes the HTML for you, so you can focus on the content.
SoftChalk creates professional-looking content in a short period of time. If you already have text-based lectures, they can be imported and formatted with SoftChalk.
Interactive activities include:
- Flashcards, image labeling, image hotspot activities, matching games, and crosswords
- Standard quiz questions, like: multiple choice, multiple answer, true/false, short answer, ordering, and matching. Student responses can be recorded in Blackboard’s gradebook
- Pop-up, hover text information to define terminology or concepts.
Ideas for Use
- Create a progressive, interactive lesson from a text or PowerPoint-based lecture.
- Embed self-check questions inside your course content.
- Create a consistent look and function for your course content.
- Make sure your course content is accessible for all students.
How to Access
SoftChalk is available through the Citrix server virtual desktop. Please see this handout from ITS for instructions.