The Online Learning Consortium (OLC) is the premier association of American colleges and universities committed to quality in online teaching and learning. With more than 1,500 members, the consortium promotes best practices, publishes a leading peer-reviewed journal in the field Journal of Asynchronous Learning Networks, hosts national conferences, delivers more than a dozen online faculty workshops each year, and provides input into federal policies regarding distance learning. The Sloan Consortium was established with funds from the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation.
UIS has been an active member of the consortium for the past decade.
Establish an Individual Account at Online Learning Consortium
The UIS Community maintains an Institutional membership in OLC. Any individual at the UIS campus may register at the OLC site and have access to an abundance of tools and pages including:
- Journal of Asynchronous Learning Networks
- OLC Listserv
- OLC Effective Practices
- Survey Reports
- Reduced Conference Fees
How To Create an Account
In order to create an account and access the valuable resources within the site, do the following:
- Go to the OLC website.
- Click Join > Guest (free account)
- Make sure the United States Higher Education radio button is selected.
- In the Organization Name enter University of Illinois > click Search.
- Click the select link to the left of University of Illinois at Springfield.
- Under Enter Information enter a Username and fill in the remaining details.
- Once your registration is accepted, Login to the OLC site and you should now have full access to the OLC site content.