Create a Blackboard Course Banner
Would you like to create a banner image for your Blackboard course? Though many of us do not have image editing software available on our computers, we can still create effective and attractive course banners with PowerPoint — a tool that most of have and know how to use, at least for presentations.
There are only three easy steps to adding a banner to your course. — Create, Save, Upload.
Create Your Banner
- Open PowerPoint
- Go to the page setup area.
- 1997-2003: File > Page Setup
- 2007: Design tab > Page Setup button.
- Under the Slides sized for dropdown list choose banner
- Click OK.
- Design your banner with tools available in PowerPoint — background colors, slide designs, text, images, clip art, word art, etc.
Saving Your Banner
- Save your file.
- 1997-2003: Go to File > Save As.
- 2007: Office Button >Save As > Other Formats.
- Choose the location where you would like to save your file.
- Name the file.
Remember that spaces in Blackboard file names is not recommended!
- In the Save as type dropdown list choose GIF or JPEG.
- Choose GIF if you used clip art or only text.
- Choose JPEG if you used photos.
Upload Your Banner
- Go to the Control Panel of the course you wish to add the course banner.
- Under Course Options, click on Course Design > Course Banner.
- Click the Browse button, select your file, and click Open.
- Click Submit to add the banner to your course.
- To view your banner, go the front of your course. You may need to refresh your browser your clear your history for the image to appear.
If you do want to use image editing software, a good size for your image is 600 pixels wide by 100 pixels tall at a resolution of 72 pixels per inch.