Copy Blackboard Materials
Copying your Blackboard site is a two-step process. Copy your Blackboard course materials, and then migrate your eDocs bridge links.
Copying Blackboard Materials
- Go to the GOLD course that contains the items you want to copy.
- Scroll down to Control Panel.
- Click the chevron to expand Packages and Utilities
- Click Course Copy.
- Under Select Copy Type: Choose Copy Course Materials into an Existing Course.
- Click the Browse (opens a new window).
- Click to Select next to the empty course shell (102 prefix).
- Under Select Course Materials, check the boxes for each course area and tool to be copied to the empty course shell. You must select at least one of the options for the copy process to be completed.
Check “Adaptive Release” if you have any content with date restrictions (i.e., “Display After” or “Display Until”). If you do not copy adaptive release settings, then items and tests with these properties will not copy properly. Do NOT check the box to copy E-Reserves unless you have contacted Brookens Library at 217-206-6633.
- NEVER check the box to copy Enrollments!
This option will place students from previous semesters in your current course. If you accidentally check this option, please contact COLRS at 217-206-7317 or by email.
- Click Submit to send your copy request.
- You will receive an email once the Blackboard server has processed your request. After you receive this email, you can begin editing your course.