If you are interested in presenting a paper or project at the 2008 Research WebPosium you should complete the following steps:
- Contact a UIS professor with whom you have taken an online course to discuss possible presentation topics
- Follow the directions for paper submission listed on the WebPosium website
- Submit your paper/project with a cover sheet and abstract before the December 20, 2007 deadline
- Choose a presentation type. (These different types of presentations are listed on the website- email Amanda Winters at email@example.com for clarification or technical assistance)
- Wait for an email confirming the status of your proposal
- If your paper/project is chosen for the WebPosium, you will receive a gift box from UIS and the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences along with your official acceptance letter
- Keep in touch with WebPosium Coordinator Amanda Winters while planning your presentation just in case you have any questions or problems
- Submit your final presentation files to the WebPosium Coordinator by March 14th, 2008.
- Log on to Blackboard for pre-conference activities beginning April 14th, 2008
- The Official conference will begin Friday, April 18th and go through Sunday April 20th.
- Take advantage of the keynote speakers, the peer discussion boards and the excellent online student research projects that will be presented.