The University of Illinois Springfield is committed to excellence in a learning environment enriched by diverse experiences, cultures, and perspectives.
Dedication to diversity is part of the fabric of our university and integral to our vision of becoming one of the best small public liberal arts universities in the nation.
Chancellor Richard Ringeisen
Chancellor Ringeisen retired effective October 31, 2010.
Ringeisen honored during reception
On Monday, September 27, 2010, the University of Illinois Board of Trustees and President and Mrs. Michael J. Hogan honored Dr. Ringeisen for his leadership in guiding the Springfield campus over the past decade.
Ringeisen given Emeritus designation
September 23, 2010: The University of Illinois Board of Trustees passed a resolution designating Richard D. Ringeisen as Chancellor Emeritus of the University of Illinois Springfield.
The chancellor will retire effective October 31, 2010. Current UIS Provost Harry Berman will serve as Interim Chancellor effective November 1, 2010.
- Remarks to faculty and staff, August 19, 2010
- View the slides that accompanied the chancellor’s presentation.
- Watch video on demand of the entire convocation ceremony.
Illinois Springfield becomes full member of NCAA Division II
- The Chancellor’s email to the campus community, July 9, 2010
New president of the University of Illinois announced
- Read the chancellor’s email to the campus community
- News Story + Video
- Photos from Springfield event
- Video of Springfield event
- News release
- Statement from Board of Trustees
- Photos from events in Urbana, Chicago, and Springfield
UIS Chancellor Ringeisen Set to Retire
- Email to the campus community
- News release
- Press conference remarks
- Watch a video of the press conference
- Career highlights
- Selected list of accomplishments 2001 - 2010
- Slide Show of Dr. and Mrs. Ringeisen
- Chancellors and presidents of UIS-SSU