Undergraduate Programs in Peoria
Graduating with a University of Illinois degree has many advantages to your career!
Join us at our Open House, Thur., April 9 at 5:30pm to learn about our programs and we will waive your application fee that day!
Completing a University of Illinois degree in accountancy or business administration has tremendous personal and professional advantages. The knowledge that students acquire, the experience in business settings, and the network of business leaders catapults our students into prominent business, government, and not-for-profit positions.
Students who have completed their general education requirements and the foundational business courses at a community college or other accredited institution can apply for admission into accounting or business administration programs. The maximum number of credit hours that can be transferred from a community college is 66 hours.
With evening classes taught in Peoria and online courses, students can design a convenient schedule to complete their degrees.
For more information on transfer requirements, please visit our Transfer Admissions page or call our Peoria advisors at 309.999.4847 today.
Additionally, specific course equivalencies at local community colleges can be found at our Transfer Agreements page.
Our programs are designed for students to take advantage of Greater Peoria business internships. These internships offer students an opportunity to experience the business environment first hand while enrolled in an academic course that focuses on lifelong learning and earning credit.
Advantages to Students
- Apply business concepts and theories to current business practices
- Clarify career goals
- Analyze business situations
- Potential future employment
- Financial (paid internships)
- Networking with business and community leaders
- Interpersonal and professional skills gained
- Community service opportunities
- Evaluate different types of industries and organizations
- Employ creative, ambitious new talent
- Workers during peak periods of business activity
- Financial (no benefits)
- Pool of potential future employees
- Network with University of Illinois business faculty
Advantages to Peoria
- Economic development driver
- Advance the educational attainment of Peoria citizens
- Entrepreneurial activity
- Engage students in community opportunities
Process for students to earn college credit for an internship:
1. Print a copy of the major specific AST application, or pick one up in our office.
BUS students, please go to: http://www.uis.edu/appliedstudy/wp-content/uploads/sites/20/2013/03/ASTPROJECTOUTLINE.pdf for the application. Also, review the information at: http://www.uis.edu/appliedstudy/wp-content/uploads/sites/20/2013/03/Business-Students-Preparation-for-AST-Requirements.pdf
ACC students, please go to: http://www.uis.edu/appliedstudy/wp-content/uploads/sites/20/2013/03/ASTPROJECTOUTLINE.pdf for the application.
2. Complete the video modules at the Career Services site. There is information on resume writing, preparing for an interview, and internship resources that will be helpful.
3. If you are currently employed, discuss an internship project with your supervisor. If you need assistance with project ideas, one of the Peoria Center advisors can assist you.
If you need to find a workplace, identify an employer by reviewing job listings in the office or by attending events at the Peoria Center and inquire about a possible internship with that company. Take the application that has information about the expectations of the “field supervisor” to share with him/her.
4. After an internship offer has been made and you have accepted, complete the application form and bring it to the Peoria Center office. It will then be sent to your advisor in Springfield and reviewed for approval.
5. Register for AST 300 for the semester in which you are interning. There are class expectations, so be sure to attend the online class.
And as always, if you have questions, please visit us on the second floor of the Perley building.
The education you need today…to lead your business tomorrow!