Frequently Asked Questions
About the Online BBA Undergraduate Degree:
- Is the Online BBA Program right for me?
- What prerequisites do I need for this program?
- I haven’t finished all the prerequisites or general education courses yet, but I plan to take them. Will I still be able to get into the Online BBA Program?
- Will I have to attend any classes or meetings on campus?
- Will I pay out-of-state tuition if I do not live in Illinois?
- Can I study from overseas?
- Is this program accredited?
- How long will it take to complete this program?
- Do you offer an online graduate business degree?
- If I am not enrolled in the Online BBA Program, can I still take BBA courses online?
- What is the deadline for dropping a class?
- Other UIS Frequently Asked Question websites
If you have any additional questions, please email us at email@example.com.
Students who have been successful in the Online BBA Program are:
- Comfortable using technology such as the internet, e-mail, and distant learning
- Disciplined and capable of learning without a physical classroom
- Self-directed learners, able to set goals, and meet deadlines
- Able to work independently and collaboratively in a virtual setting
Foundation courses include financial accounting, managerial accounting, microeconomics, macroeconomics, statistics, and calculus (or finite math), all completed with a grade of C- or better. Applicants should also have earned at least 45 credit hours at the lower-division level, and a GPA of 3.0 or better out of a 4.0 is preferred.
I haven’t finished all the prerequisites or general education courses yet, but I plan to take them. Will I still be able to get into the Online BBA Program?
Yes, you may be conditionally admitted to the Online BBA Program without having completed the foundation or general education courses. Note that conditionally admitted students are advised to complete the remaining foundation courses during the academic year in which they have been conditionally admitted or they will experience difficulty completing the degree program in a timely fashion.
No, there are no mandatory on-campus meetings or classes. However, UIS may not offer online all of the courses necessary to fulfill foundation and general education requirements. As a result, you might need to complete deficiencies in foundation and general education requirements at a local community college or via an online course at a properly accredited institution.
UIS has implemented a special tuition rate that applies only to online courses. This rate is termed “electronic tuition” or simply “E-tuition”. View the current per credit hour rates.
Students may study anywhere in the world, as long as they have a stable internet connection.
Yes! Our program is accredited through the Higher Learning Commission and AACSB International. For more information, please see the UIS Institutional Accreditation webpage.
In addition to the foundation and general education courses, the Online BBA Program requires 21 credit hours of College Core, 15 hours of Concentration Core, 14 hours of General Electives, and 10 hours of Engaged Citizenship Common Experience courses. For a full-time student who has completed the foundation and general education courses, the Online BBA Program is estimated to take two years. However, this will vary depending on the number of credit hours that you are enrolled in each semester.
We do not offer an online MBA. However, UIS does offer the MBA at the Springfield and Peoria campuses. For more information on the two on-campus MBA programs, please visit the MBA webpage.
For many of the Online CBM courses, the students enrolled in the online programs have priority registration. All others must submit a Course Request Form. A decision will not be made regarding the course requests until the students with priority registration have registered for their courses.
Please see the Registration webpage for information regarding deadlines.
Please email additional questionst to: firstname.lastname@example.org