How to Apply
Spring 2014 applications are currently being accepted to the Online Business Administration Comprehensive and the Online BBA Management Concentration
Application process for the online undergraduate degree in Business Administration Comprehensive or the Online BBA Management Concentration
Admission is limited based on enrollment capacity. Students who seek admission to the online program:
- Should meet all general education requirements.
- Should fulfill entrance requirements stipulated for the major: All departments in the College of Business and Management require foundation knowledge in accounting, economics, mathematics, statistics, and the behavioral sciences. Successful applicants will have completed courses in most, if not all, of the following foundation areas:
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Accounting
- Calculus or finite math
- Behavioral science course (psychology or sociology)
- Should have completed at least 54 hours of college credit towards the degree;
- Should have a GPA of 3.00 or better for previously completed college coursework;
- Should demonstrate ability to write in the English language at the appropriate
- Should have access to the Internet and specified software and experience with
Review for entry to the UIS Online BBA Program is a two-part process: Your application is first reviewed by the Admissions Office for fulfillment of University requirements. Then, your application file is sent to the Online BBA Program for admission consideration.
Complete the Application for Admission form. This form can either be submitted electronically or downloaded and mailed to the Office of Admissions and Records. Be sure to specify that you are applying to the Business Administration (BBA) Online Program or the Business Administration (BBA) Management Concentration Online Program and follow all the undergraduate application procedures. Don’t forget to pay the required application fee.
Request your “official” transcripts for any and all other colleges you have attended be sent to UIS. Please send application and have official transcripts sent to:
Office of Admissions
University of Illinois at Springfield
One University Plaza, MS UHB-1080
Springfield, Illinois 62703.
Complete and submit the Supplement to Application form that can be found at
This form will let you
- present a rationale for pursuit of the online degree
- demonstrate your ability to set and meet academic goals
- report on your background, your plans for completing the BBA degree and your career aspirations; and
- descrbe your experience with information and learning technologies.
Preference will be given to students who effectively demonstrate they are unable to attend on campus classes because of distance, work or care giving issues that are incompatible with regularly scheduled class offerings.
You may also provide letters of reference or other appropriate supporting documentation if you desire. Please send letters of reference or other supplemental materials directly to:
Dr. Laurel Vaughan Newman,
Director of CBM Online Programs,
University of Illinois at Springfield,
One University Plaza MS UHB-4054
Springfield, IL. 62703-5407
Or, you may send the materials as MS Word files to email@example.com.
- E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 217/206-7543