- U.S. News & World Report ranks UIS online programs among the top 20 best in the nation.
- Press Release: U.S. NEWS AND WORLD REPORTS GIVES UIS ONLINE BACHELOR’S AND GRADUATE BUSINESS PROGRAMS HIGH MARKS In its 2013 rankings, U.S. News & World Report ranks the University of Illinois Springfield 83rd among the 100 Best Online Bachelor’s Programs nationwide and 16th among the Best Online Graduate Business programs.Read more
- U.S. NEWS & WORLD REPORT RANKS UIS SECOND AMONG PUBLIC REGIONAL UNIVERSITIES IN THE MIDWEST!
U.S. News & World Report’s 2013 Edition of America’s Best Colleges ranks the University of Illinois Springfield second among public regional universities in the Midwest, a two spot increase from the 2012 rankings when UIS was fourth. For the fifth straight year, UIS is ranked as the top regional public university in Illinois.
U.S. News & World Report’s 2012 Edition of America’s Best Colleges ranks the University of Illinois Springfield as the top regional public university in the state of Illinois and the fourth best public university in that category in the entire Midwest. This is the fourth straight year that UIS has achieved those rankings.
- The UIS Online Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program ranked fourth on a national list of the Top 10 Online Bachelor of Business Administration Degree Programs of 2011.The ranking was conducted by the website The Best Colleges, which uses publicly available data to evaluate programs according to several different criteria, including reputation, accreditation, student satisfaction, and cost. The ranking can be found at: http://www.thebestcolleges.org/top-online-bachelor-business-admin/
- Dr. Laurel Newman, Director of Online Programs in the College of Busines and Management, was honored with the Oakley Distinguished Online Teaching Award during UIS’ annual Faculty Honors and Recognition Reception. Read More.
- UIS Wins National Honors in Online Education UIS receives the inaugural Ralph E. Gomory Award for Quality Online Education Awarded by the Sloan Consortium
- National Public Radio comes to UIS to learn about online education.
“Compared with the campuses in Chicago and Urbana-Champaign, Springfield is a tiny outpost on the prairie. But when it comes to online education, this school is a titan.” Read more or listen to the broadcast.
University of Illinois Springfield made U.S. News and World Report’s annual list of America’s Best Colleges for the second straight year. Read more.
- UIS approved for membership in COPLAC
UIS has been unanimously approved for membership in the distinguished Council of Public Liberal Arts Colleges (COPLAC). The vote places UIS among a select group of 25 public liberal arts institutions representing 23 states and one Canadian province. Read more.
Overview of Online Degrees
The College of Business and Management offers the Online Bachelor of Business Administration Degree
This degree, delivered fully online, allow students to participate in a dynamic online learning community and complete their coursework using the latest information technologies and educational resources via the web.
The program is designed for students who have an associate’s degree (or at least 54 hours of completed college credit towards a bachelor’s degree) and who are unable to attend on campus classes because of distance, work or caregiving issues that are incompatible with regularly scheduled class offerings.