UIS offers a number of international study options.
Short Term Study Abroad Programs offered by UIS and partner universities:
- Japanese Language and Culture in Ashikaga, Japan – Summer 2017 – (optional one week extension in South Korea)
- Chinese Language and Culture (Heilongjiang University) – Summer 2017
- Irish Studies Queen’s University – Summer 2017
- Radboud University (the Netherlands) summer 2017 offerings
- Rome and Malta – May 2017
- Brazil- Summer 2017
- Cuba – January 2018
- Thailand – January 2018
Applications Deadlines for UIS Global Experience Programs for the summer of 2017:
- March 15
Please note: Where student interest in a program is high there is a possibility that a program may fill before the final deadline of March 15th. You are encouraged to submit your application as soon as possible.
UIS has reciprocal exchange agreements for semester or year long study with the following schools:
- Charles Darwin University in Darwin, Australia
- Saitama University at Saitama, Japan
- University of Colima in Colima, Mexico
- The University of Hull, England
- Pierre-Mendes-France University Grenoble 2, France
- Heilongjiang University, China
- Vesalius College, Belgium
- Institute des Hautes Etudes des Communications Sociales, Belgium
- Queen’s University, Northern Ireland (Politics, International Studies, Philosophy, Law, History and Anthropology)
- Roskilde University, Denmark
- Radboud University, The Netherlands
- The University of Valencia, Spain
In addition to semester and full year exchange opportunities at the University of Colima there are also on line exchange opportunities in Political Science. UIS students may register for selected on line courses at the University of Colima. Contact the Office of International Programs or the Department of Political Science for registration details.
Students selected to participate in reciprocal exchange programs pay tuition and fees to UIS. All other expenses, housing, board, etc. are paid to the host institution.
International Student Exchange Program Network.
UIS has joined the International Student Exchange Program (ISEP) a network of colleges and universities around the world. Through ISEP UIS students will be able to apply to study at partner universities from 55 countries.
Application Deadlines for exchange programs through UIS partners are:
- Spring programs – September 15th
- Fall programs – February 15th
- Queen’s U. summer program – March 30th
UIS also has affiliation agreements with the following schools:
- The State University of Maringa, Brazil
- Dalian University of Foreign Language, China
- Dalian University, China
- Beijing Language and Culture University, China
- Taizhou University, China
- The Ashikaga Institute of Technology, Japan (short term exchange agreement – see above)