Office of Advising Services, Information, and Support
Welcome to the Office of Advising Services, Information, and Support (OASIS)! We look forward to helping you navigate your academic journey at UIS.
New students with fewer than 30 credit hours will be advised within OASIS, located in the Center for Academic Success.
If you have fewer than 30 credit hours, you are assigned an advisor within OASIS based on your major and/or last name.
- If your major is ACC, ECO, BBA, MIS, MKT, MGT, CHE, BIO, CLS, or MAT, your advisor is Carmalita Kemayo. To schedule an appointment with Carmalita, use Starfish or send an email to email@example.com.
- If you’re majoring in CSC or pursuing Nursing, your advisor is Lori Benedict. To schedule an appointment with Lori, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are a STARS student, or if your last name begins with A-E and you are not in one of the above listed majors, please contact our office for advising (217-206-7471, email@example.com).
- If your last name begins with F-Z and you are not in one of the above listed majors, your advisor is Mae Noll. To schedule an appointment with Mae, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are a student-athlete, your advisor is Nicole Hager. To schedule an appointment with Nicole, send an email to email@example.com.
If you have successfully completed 30 credit hours, you are assigned to a College or Faculty Advisor within your major.
Your advisors will assist you based on your specific needs. We will help you explore majors and understand your DARS report, the Advising Guides as well as the University’s General Education Requirements.
Advising Center Assessment
Please take a moment to let us know how we are doing by taking our quick Advising Assessment. Thank you for your feedback!