Your place to get things done
Use the Career Suite now, so you’ll be prepared and competitive when you graduate.
What is the Career Suite?
The Career Suite is designed with you in mind. Do you need some help formatting your resume, learning to use one of the many online systems the Career Development Center offers, or just need a quiet place to get your career documents and research done? This is the place for you!
- Career focused computer lab with access to internet, printer, and scanner
- Easy access to all of the Career Development Center’s exclusive online career resources
- Resource library of books, magazines, periodicals and videos about resumes, job search, interview preparation, career fields, and more. (Sorry! You can’t take these items out of the CDC, but you’re welcome to make yourself at home and use all of these resources here!)
What can I do at the Career Suite?
- Draft your resume and cover letter using OptimalResume
- Begin writing a personal statement for graduate school using resources
- Conduct a job or internship search using the internet, career online systems and resources
- Receive advice and instruction on all of the CDC’s exclusive online career resources
- Find helpful handouts, worksheets, company literature, and career information
- Receive help navigating the CDC’s website and UIS CareerConnect
- Get assistance in finding relevant career resources
- Research and prepare for upcoming interviews
Why should I use the Career Suite
- Be prepared and competitive in your job search when you graduate
- Get expert assistance with your resumes and cover letters. They’re not easy to create on your own!
- Working with career professionals will save you time
When Can I Use the Career Suite?
You can use the Career Suite computers and resources anytime the office is open. We are generally open from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday.
When the fall semester begins, a Career Expert will be in the Career Suite several days a week. We’ll post the hours here when they are available.
Who Can Use the Career Suite?
All students currently registered for classes for the current semester and alumni who subscribe to our service packages can use the Career Suite.