Ready to Schedule a Fast Pass?
- All UIS students currently registered for (fall, summer,spring) courses
- UIS alumni who have purchased alumni package 1 or 2.
- Resume and cover letter critique/review
- Grad School Personal Statement critique/review
- Mock interview
- Other professional document critique
- Basic career information
5 EZ Steps
- Login to UIS CareerConnect.
- Click on the Events/Fast Pass tab at the top of your screen.
- Look for “Fast Pass” offered at different times and dates.
- Pick a date/time and then click the RSVP button.
- Show up! (or meet us via Skype, or call in)
Yes, you can request a phone or Skype session work by doing the following:
- After selecting RSVP in CareerConnect, you will receive a Fast Pass confirmation email.
- In the email, there will be a link to complete a form indicating connecting by phone or Skype.
- Fill out the form and click submit.
- If you choose to engage in the Fast Pass session via telephone, it will be your responsibility to call the Career Development Center at 217-206-6508 on the scheduled date and time.
- Get ready for your Fast Pass session by completing a first draft of the professional document to bring to the session.
- Optimal Resume is a great tool to utilize and create your first resume or cover letter. Optimal allows you to customize each section, as well as provides samples to gain ideas on appropriate content and grammar. It also has a module related to interview preparation and practice.
- If you are seeking quick answers to other generalized career information, we suggest that you write down your career questions ahead of time and bring with you to maximize your 30 minute session.
- Prepare for a mock interview by:
- A general rule of thumb is to limit each student and alumnus to only one Fast Pass session per day to fairly distribute available time slots.
- If a student is unable to keep a scheduled appointment, he/she should cancel and/or reschedule the appointment by canceling through CareerConnect or by calling (217)206-6508 as soon as possible. Please give at least 24 hour notice if possible.
- If a student is unable to give at least 24 hour notice, he/she will not be able to cancel the appointment in Career Connect and should call the CDC.
- Clients who reschedule but do not attend two (2) consecutive sessions risk being placed on a waiting list before being able to re-engage in services.