Resume Minimum Requirements – All Resumes Submitted to UIS CareerConnect are checked for these items.
- Resumes should not be longer than 2 pages. (If you use two pages, your name must be placed on the top of the second page).
- References should not be included on your resume. Place them on a separate page using same contact header as resume for continuity.
- Use proper grammar and correct spelling.
- Avoid using personal pronouns (I, me, my, she/her, he/his, we/our, they/their).
- Do not include personal information such as race, gender, weight, religion, marital status, social security number or UIN.
- Include UIS degree in progress or received under education section. (Bachelor of…, Master of…)
- Do not use smaller than a 10 point font size.
- Review uploaded document to see if any errors occurred in conversion process. (If you cannot solve problem, contact Kristen at email@example.com for technical assistance).
- List job duties/skills beginning with strong action verbiage and use concise phrases. Avoid using sentences as they are not appropriate for resumes. (Example: – Communicated with a wide variety of clients in person and by phone.)