Self-Awareness or Self-Discovery is the initial step in the career decision-making process. If you are not informed about who you are, then how can you expect to make informed decisions based upon your characteristics and attributes?
In order to do a quick check of how well you know yourself, consider the following questions by completing the sentence below with the word list:
What is/are my:
- Interests (e.g. activities people enjoy)
- Personality Type (e.g. introvert, extrovert)
- Values (e.g. motivators for work – salary, security,
prestige, flexible hours)
- Skills (e.g. activities people perform well – multi-task, analyze, supervise, counsel)
- Employment Preferences (factors people seek in their jobs- opportunities for travel, avoid lifting heavy objects)
If you’re having difficulty answering any of these questions with confidence, then begin the GOALS Program today!