Connecting for Success
When: Monday, October 25, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. (Registration begins at 5:30 p.m.)
Where: Sangamon Auditorium Lobby – Public Affairs Center
Each fall the Career Development Center organizes a networking event to bring together UIS students, faculty, alumni and business partners. Keeping alumni and business partners connected to UIS offers “real world experience” and mentoring to students who are looking to secure jobs and opportunities once they’ve completed their academic career.
In addition to the Networking Event this year we’ll also be capturing the thoughts and recollections of our Business partners’ SSU/UIS past on tape in recognition of the 40th Anniversary Celebration. To reserve YOUR time to “Tell Us Your Story” please RSVP using the registration link below.
New to Networking?
Don’t worry! Use the appropriate registration forms below to register for the event. We’ll be creating networking groups with team leaders who will show you the ins and outs of professional networking. Join us for this exciting evening of group activities, expert guidance, and a scavenger hunt.
Register to Attend
- Networking Card Template
- Networking suggestions
- October 20th, 2-3 pm- Free Webinar in the UIS Career Development Center – SAB 50:: Networking for Career Success
- Proven tips to meet and greet people
- How to get over your shyness and make networking work for you
- Examples of how others build their network one handshake at a time
- Techniques to build your network
- Why you need to periodically prune and water your network
- Successful ways to reach out to your network
The minimum dress code is business casual. Business professional attire is recommended. Learn more about how to dress for success.
- UIS Career Development Center
- UIS Student Government Association
- Greater Springfield Chamber of Commerce
- Springfield Area Toastmasters