Our First Career Immersion
On Thursday September 30th, 2010, a group of nine UIS students traveled to the Illinois Office of the Auditor General with the Career Development Center for its first Career Immersion! Read more about our first Career Immersion (pdf).
What are students saying about our first Career Immersion?
“Today was an awesome experience… it was great to experience and see the office, see exactly what they do, which before that, I had no idea… and it was a wonderful experience.” Erin, Junior Accounting Major.
“The experience was both informative and interesting. I am considering applying for a position with the Auditor General’s office after I have had the opportunity to view all available positions there. I would recommend that all students who are currently enrolled in or have already completed governmental accounting attend such a presentation with the Auditor General’s office.” Lori, Accounting Graduate Student.
“It was an amazing experience! I think we all came back saying “wow!” it was an incredible experience and it will stay with [me] throughout my accounting career.” Prem, Accounting Graduate Student.
What is a Career Immersion?
Career Immersions are “career field-trips,” which connect students with employers in the employer’s real-world work setting! Students receive a “behind the scenes” look at organizations and the variety of careers that exist within them!
Download our Fact Sheet on Career Immersions (pdf).
Benefits for Employers
- Career Immersions are completely customizable and can be tailored to the unique interests and needs of organizations.
- Career Immersions can be targeted to students who employers are interested in interacting with.
- Career Immersions allow employers to passively recruit students for internships and jobs.
- Career Immersions provide an opportunity for employers to give back to UIS and provide meaningful experiences for students to expand their perspectives on careers, academic majors, and ways to make themselves more marketable.
How We Partner with Employers
- We may provide transportation for students who RSVP to a Career Immersion.
- We will assist in the development and customization of a Career Immersion to ensure a meaningful experience for both the employer and the students.
- We may market the Career Immersion to students through email alerts, social media, campus calendars, faculty connections, and student clubs/organizations.
For More Information
For more information and to schedule a Career Immersion, contact us at:
(217) 206-6508 or EmployerRelations@uis.edu