“Foot in the Door” Career Fair Agreement
In order for all employment professionals, entrepreneurs, and third-party recruiters to receive maximum exposure to students and alumni during the “Foot in the Door” Career Fair, we expect you to adhere to the following regulations and guidelines:
- Availability to participate in the Foot in the Door Fair is on a first-registered, first accommodated basis. There is a cap on the number of participants based upon space availability. Only one booth assignment will be made per entrepreneurial opportunity.
- Participants will cooperate with the policies and procedures established by the UIS Career Development Center. Participants will also be in compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity or exempt status under the Immigration Reform and Control Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act guidelines. Discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, or status as a Vietnam era or disabled veteran is prohibited by federal and state nondiscrimination/equal opportunity and affirmative action laws, orders, and regulations.
- Participants will maintain the confidentiality of student/alumni information, regardless of the source, including personal knowledge, written records/reports, and computer databases. There will be no disclosure of student information to another organization without the prior consent of the student, unless necessitated by health and/or safety considerations.
- Those participants requiring candidates to invest, purchase supplies, or pay a fee as a condition of employment must clearly state the cost and provide a written explanation of the cost in written materials describing the company’s employment opportunities. This information must be clearly disclosed when speaking with candidates. Not complying with this requirement will jeopardize future recruiting efforts.
- If asked, third-party recruiters will disclose to the event sponsors the client, or clients, that the third-party recruiter is representing. Staff will be permitted to verify this information by contacting the named client or clients. Third-party recruiters that directly charge students for services are not following accepted professional practices.
- Participants will abide by employer standards of ethical conduct established by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE)