- How do I register for the event?
- Why should I participate?
- Which employers/organizations attended the event last year?
- May I market full-time opportunities to students?
- Can I choose the location of my table?
- Will I have access to electricity?
- Is there a charge to participate?
- How many students can I expect to attend?
- Where will the event be held?
- Where should I park?
- Is there an area where I can pull up and drop off my display materials prior to parking?
- Will there be access to food and beverages?
- Are the restrooms conveniently located?
- How many recruiters should I bring to staff the table?
- Will there be space to interview candidates on the spot?
- Can I ship my display materials to UIS?
- What will students be looking for?
- What makes this event unique?
- What time can I arrive for set up?
- I have additional questions about the â€œFoot in the Door Fairâ€ that are not answered here. Who can I contact?
Registration for the 2012 fair has not begun yet. Check back sonn!
The Foot in the Door Fair is intended to bring students and employers/organizations together regarding a variety of part-time opportunities, both on and off-campus. We welcome the marketing of all part-time jobs, internships and volunteer positions at this event. It is advisable to attend if you are an employer or organization with openings in any of these areas during the 2011 -2012 academic year. We recognize the importance of part-time opportunities as career building steps, and encourage students to get their “foot in the door” towards these opportunities early on in their education.
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library & Museum: Internships, Volunteer
- American Cancer Society: Internships, Volunteer
- American Diabetes Association: Internships, Volunteer
- Archer Daniels Midland (ADM): Part-Time, Internships, Full-Time
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Illinois: Part-Time, Volunteer
- Cameron, Smith & Co., CPA: Internships
- Candlesbme: Part-Time, Full-Time, Other
- Capitol Radio Group: Internships, Volunteer, Full-Time
- Center for Economic Progress: Volunteer
- County Market: Part-Time, Full-Time
- Faith Coalition for the Common Good: Internships, Volunteer
- Family Video: Part-Time, Full-Time
- Fast Enterprises, LLC: Internships, Full-Time
- Girls on the Run of Springfield: Volunteer
- Illinois Policy Institute: Internships, Volunteer
- Illinois Prisoner Review Board: Internships, Volunteer
- Johnson Development Company: Part-Time, Internships, Full-Time
- Liberty Tax Service: Part-Time, Internships, Volunteer
- Macyâ€™s: Part-Time, Other
- Manpower: Part-Time, Full-Time
- Marine Officer Selection Office: Internships, Full-Time
- Memorial Health System: Part-Time, Internships, Full-Time
- Mini Oâ€™Bierne Crisis Nursery: Part-Time, Volunteer
- Northwestern Mutual Financial Network: Internships, Full-Time
- Planned Parenthood of Illinois: Internships, Volunteer
- Primerica: Part-Time, Internships, Full-Time
- Prudential Financial: Part-Time
- Sojourn Shelter & Services: Internships, Volunteer
- Springfield Public Schools: Volunteer
- Springfield YMCA: Part-Time, Internships, Volunteer
- State Farm Insurance- Illinois Operations Center: Full-Time, Other
- State Farm Insurance: Internships, Full-Time
- UIS Athletics: On-Campus Student Employment
- UIS Brookens Library: On-Campus Student Employment
- UIS Career Development Center: Other: Providing Career Resources & Advice During the Event
- UIS Cox Childrenâ€™s Center: On-Campus Student Employment
- UIS Department of Environmental Studies: Other
- UIS Department of Recreational Sports: On-Campus Student Employment
- UIS Experiential & Service Learning Programs: Internships, Other
- UIS Office of Disability Services: Internships, Volunteer
- UIS Office of Graduate Intern Programs: Internships
- UIS Sangamon Auditorium Volunteer Association: Volunteer
- White Oaks Mall: Part-Time, Volunteer, Other
- WUIS Public Radio: Internships
The marketing of full-time openings is welcome. However, the event is specifically designed to present part-time job, internship, and volunteer opportunities to students. The students attending will be actively seeking these opportunities as a compliment to their academic schedules.
Booth assignment for this event will be made on a first-come, first-served basis. However, the PAC Concourse is a very open and accessible area.
We are unable to provide access to electricity at this event.
There is no
charge to attend the event. However, registration must be received by August 25th, 2011, as space is limited. If you need to cancel your reservation, please do so by August 29, 2011 at 5:00 p.m. to avoid being assessed a $50 no-show fee.
Between 250 and 300 students have attended the event over the past 2 years! We continue to market the event to all UIS students. Our students are from a rich and diverse academic background. UIS has 4 colleges, 21 Bachelor degrees, 25 minors, 20 master programs, and 1 doctoral program.
Student Body Information:
About 4,900 total students including:
About 2,000 Graduate Students
2,128 Male Students
2,727 Female Students
By Program Level: 11 Doctoral Students
1,981 Masterâ€™s Level Students
2,863 Undergraduate Students
The event will be held in the Public Affairs Center (PAC) Concourse on the UIS Campus (View a Map of the UIS Campus).
When you arrive on campus, you can unload needed items in the metered circle drive in front of the PAC and then proceed to parking lots C, D, or E, as they are closest and most convenient. As a visitor, you may park in university parking lots, except where prohibited by signs or markings.
The PAC has a circle drive area with metered parking for convenient drop off. If you would like assistance unloading, please notify Career Development Center staff.
The 2010 Foot in the Door Fair is a free event. Due to budget constraints, food and beverages will not be provided by the UIS Career Development Center. However, the event is located adjacent to the open cafeteria area, which recruiters may utilize. Vending machines are also available. Please note that the cafeteria does not accept credit cards, but an ATM is located in the lobby area.
Restrooms are located throughout the PAC concourse.
You may bring as many recruiters as you wish. Most employers send one or two representatives. If you intend to take advantage of interviewing at the event, it is best to have more than one recruiter present so that someone is always hosting your table.
Yes. Interview space will be available if you would like to meet with candidates at the event. In addition, some employers choose this opportunity to select candidates for interviews at a later date. We are also glad to assist in arranging for your company or organization to hold on-campus interviews. Please contact the Career Development Center at 217-206-6508 for more information.
For your convenience, we are glad to accept shipments containing your display materials. Please contact the Career Development Center at 217-206-6508 to make arrangements.
Students will be looking for opportunities that include part-time jobs, internships, and volunteer opportunities. Students are encouraged to apply for positions that will assist them in getting their â€œFoot in the Doorâ€ towards future opportunities.
This event differs from our Spring Career Fair in that it is a â€œJob Fairâ€ where specific openings are marketed to students. Employers and Organizations participating in the event are actively seeking candidates to fill open positions in this academic year.
You may arrive as early as 10:00 a.m., or one hour prior to the start of the event.
I have additional questions about the Foot in the Door Fair that are not answered here. Who can I contact?
Rachel (Hasenyager) Lattimore
Employer Relations Recruitment Coordinator
Career Development Center
Services for Employers: All employer services are free of charge. As an employer you have unprecedented access to recruiting strategies. Employers are given the opportunity to host on-campus information sessions, informational tables, interviews and much more. We can assist you in marketing the event, scheduling interviews, creating job postings for online and on-campus, web cast presentations, etc. Our goal is to partner with you on recruitment activities and offer you access to our exceptional UIS pool of candidates.