Last Updated: November 19, 2012 1:50 PM
The Executive Committee consists of the four officers of the Senate, the President of the Student Government Association, and the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs. “The Executive Committee shall be responsible to the Senate for the effective and proper execution of its duties and responsibilities.”
Lynn Fisher, Chair
Associate Professor, Sociology/Anthropology
- Phone: (217) 206-7938
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathy Jamison, Vice Chair
Associate Professor, Communications
- Phone: (217) 206-8032
- E-mail: email@example.com
Holly Thompson, Secretary
Associate Professor, Human Development Counseling
- Phone: (217) 206-7568
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
John Transue, Parliamentarian
Associate Professor, Political Science
- Phone: (217) 206-8383
- E-mail: email@example.com
Lynn Pardie, Ex-Officio
Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Provost
Dr. Pardie has served as Associate Vice Chancellor for Graduate Education and Research, providing broad oversight and advocacy for graduate education, research administration, and advancing faculy and student scholarship. She also has prior administrative experience as Interim Associate Dean for the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and as Chair of the Psychology Department.
Dr. Pardie received her Ph.D. in psychology from Southern Illinois University Carbondale. She came to UIS in 1989 as an assistant professor of psychology, then was promoted to associate professor in 1995 and to full professor in 2005.
Dr. Pardie is highly regarded by her colleagues. Dr. Pardie received the Faculty Excellence Award in 2005 in recognition of accomplishments in teaching, scholarship, and service. She has published work on stress-illness relationships, sex bias in psychological research, and sexual orientation issues. She supervised many students’ theses and has been a strong contributor to important campus endeavors, including strategic planning, curriculum and policy development, academic program review, faculty and staff mentoring and development, and institutional research. She has been a long-time member of the Institutional Review Board for the Protection of Human Subjects (IRB) and has chaired that committee for the past six years.
- Phone: (217) 206-6614
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ryan Bouray , President of Student Government Association
- E-mail: email@example.com
- calls, develops agendas for, and presides over meetings of the Senate;
- may be called upon by the Senate to be its spokesperson and to represent the Senate in other forums within and outside the University as the need shall arise;
- is responsible for supervising the support services provided to the Senate, and makes regular reports to the Senate on the disposition of such services.
- presides at meetings in the temporary absence of the Chairperson;
- in case of any incapacity of the Chairperson, temporarily assumes the duties of the Chairperson;
- assists the Chairperson in the preparation of the agenda;
- chairs the Committee on Committees.
- keeps minutes of each meeting, to be transcribed by the support staff;
- makes the minutes available to the membership for approval at the start of each meeting;
- maintains a file of such minutes for perusal, when necessary, by the members.
- advises the chair on questions of parliamentary procedure during meetings, at the request of the presiding officer, or upon points of order raised by the members.