What is a Winter Pass?
The Winter Pass is a full Rec Membership from November 1, 2015 – March 15, 2016.
Who is eligible to purchase a Winter Pass?
The following affiliates are eligible to purchase a pass:
- Online-only degree seeking UIS students
- Current FT and PT UIS Academic Professional Staff
- Current FT and PT UIS Civil Service Staff
- Current FT and PT UIS Extra Help Employee Staff
- Current FT and PT UIS Faculty
- Faculty Emeritus and Retired Staff
- Spouse/Partner of Eligible Employee Member (Eligible Employee Member must be present at time of purchase)
- Persons residing in campus housing for the current term (verification from Housing required)
- University of Illinois Sister School or Affiliated Office
- Spouse/Partner of Eligible Student Member (Eligible Student Member must be present at time of purchase)
- Alumni with Sustaining or Life Member status of the University of Illinois Alumni Association (restricted to UIS graduates only; status must be verified through UIS Alumni Office before purchase can be made; verification is not guaranteed same day)
- Spouse/Partner of Eligible UIS Alumni Member (Eligible to Spouses/Partners of Alumni with Sustaining or Life Member status; eligible UIS Alumni Member must be present at time of purchase; please bring verification of relationship with you at time of purchase)
Passes are not transferable to other people; passes can only be used by the purchaser of the pass.
How much does a Winter Pass cost?
The cost is $165 with a valid UIS i-card and proof of eligibility. Cash, checks and Visa or Mastercard are the accepted forms of payment for the Winter Pass.
Where can I purchase a Winter Pass?
- Winter Passes can be purchased in the Campus Recreation Office Monday through Friday, 8:30am- 5:00pm.
- Passes can also be purchased outside of these office hours- please ask about it at the Front Desk.
- Only (1) Winter Pass can be purchased at a single time by a single individual.