What is a Multi-Use Pass?
The Multi-Use Pass is a pass which allows cardholders 12 uses at TRAC for the price of 10. The pass is valid for one year from the date of purchase and is only redeemable for use at TRAC.
Who is eligible to purchase a Multi-Use Pass?
The following affiliates are eligible to purchase a pass:
- Online-only degree seeking UIS students
- Current FT and PT UIS Academic Hourly Staff
- Current FT and PT UIS Academic Professional Staff
- Current FT and PT UIS Civil Service Staff
- Current FT and PT UIS Extra Help Employee Staff
- Current FT and PT UIS Faculty
- Faculty Emeritus and Retired Staff
- Spouse/Partner of Eligible Employee Member (Eligible Employee Member must be present at time of purchase)
- Persons residing in campus housing for the current term (verification from Housing required)
- Spouse/Partner of Eligible Student Member (Eligible Employee Member must be present at time of purchase)
Passes are not transferable to other people; passes can only be used by the purchaser of the pass.
How much does a Multi-Use Pass cost?
The cost is $50 with a valid UIS i-card and proof of eligibility. Cash, checks and Visa/Mastercard are allowable forms of payment accepted for the Multi-Use Pass.
Where can I purchase a Multi-Use Pass?
- Multi-Use Passes can be purchased in the Campus Recreation Office Monday through Friday, 8:30am- 5:00pm.
- Passes can also be purchased outside of these office hours- please ask about it at the Front Desk.
- Only (1) Multi-Use Pass can be purchased at a single time by a single individual.
Do I have to sign a waiver for each use?
Cardholders do not have to sign multiple waivers. When one purchases a pass the initial waiver will be valid for each of the 12 uses- void if pass expires. If a cardholder uses the pass to host individuals, those being hosted are required to sign a waiver each time (see Guest Policy).
How do I use the Multi-Use Pass?
- Cardholders must show a valid UIS i-card and Multi-Use Pass to the Front Desk Attendant.
- Upon verification, the Front Desk Attendant will mark the pass for that use (multiple uses if using pass to host).
- Cardholders will receive the same benefits as Rec Members as it relates to programs and services in TRAC. These benefits are available for the duration of the pass. An exception to this is that cardholders will not have extended equipment check-out privileges or be eligible to participate in intramurals with this pass.
- Cardholders may use the Multi-Use Pass to host guests via our Guest Policy.
- Cardholders and their guests must abide by all policies and procedures of the Department of Campus Recreation at the University of Illinois at Springfield.
What are the benefits?
- Fewer transactions and reduced service time at the Front Desk than if purchasing the equivalent number of Single-Use Passes.
- Fewer waivers to sign.
- 12 uses for the price of 10
What else do I need to know about Multi-Use Passes?
- At the time of purchase, 12 uses are added to your i-card.
- You will need to have your i-card each time you enter TRAC.
- Your i-card will be swiped at the Front Desk each time and have one use deducted.