The duties of the Committee on Assessment of Student Learning are to:
- study, develop, and encourage policies, procedures, and programs that assess student learning vis-à-vis baccalaureate skills, general education, graduate education, and academic programs;
- provide continuing oversight to assessment activities;
- foster best practices of assessment across the campus;
- communicate and cooperate with other campus and University units and committees on assessment issues; and
- make reports and recommendations to the Senate and other units and officials of the campus and University.