THANK YOU, IRON MOUNTAIN INCORPORATED!
Iron Mountain Incorporated is a storage and information management company headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. On April 1, the company announced a new partnership with the Papers of Abraham Lincoln, a project dedicated to identifying, imaging, transcribing, annotating, and publishing all documents written by or to Abraham Lincoln during his lifetime.
The Papers of Abraham Lincoln Sponsored by the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum and cosponsored by the University of Illinois Springfield and the Abraham Lincoln Association. The project has already located nearly two hundred thousand documents from his legal and legislative careers, his personal and political life, and his Presidency.
The partnership is a combination of financial contributions and in-kind services. Iron Mountain’s funds will:
- help support the Papers’ efforts to acquire, archive and preserve the documentary record of Lincoln’s life and career,
- increase the number of researchers searching for and contextualizing Lincoln documents,
- develop a public interface to showcase important finds and help educate visitors,
- help build a long-term archival solution to safeguard the Papers’ data in perpetuity.
“Iron Mountain’s support is meaningful for us beyond just the financial commitment,” said Dr. Daniel Stowell, director and editor of The Papers of Abraham Lincoln. “It is a true partnership, a union of two organizations dedicated to preservation and access of some of our most important cultural items so that we can continue to learn from, and be inspired by, what they represent.”
You can read the company’s full press release about the gift here.
- Maureen Schaff (scholarship for undergraduate student in College of Business and Management)
- Frank Marsaglia (scholarship for undergraduate athletes with financial need)
- Joe Terril (two scholarships)
- Horace Mann Companies
- Donors to Manny Velasco Athletics Scholarship
- Syma Mendelsohn (Syma R. Mendelsohn Endowed Scholarship Fund)
- Nancy and Charles “Chick” Chapin (Chapin/Lanphier Scholarship Fund)
- John Takeuchi (Scholarship for international students)
- Shellie and Tyler Treat (Treat Family Women in IT Scholarship Fund)
- Wayne and Margie Fox (Annual award for unpaid internships)
- Melissa Stout (the Jane and John Stout Educational Scholarship)
- Therkildsen and Barrows Families (Therkildsen Field Station)
- Sally Pancrazio (and many others)
- Paula (Polly) and Lou Myers
- Herb and Elizabeth Denniss
- Margaret Wepner