Student Organizations by Category
Student Organization Categories
- General Interest
- Sports Teams
If you would like contact information for any of the clubs, please go to the Student Organization list within the Student Life website for up-to-date contact information, including club presidents and faculty sponsors.
No DONATE button?
Student organizations need to receive at least one gift before a gift account can be set up. If you are interested in making that gift, please contact the Office of Development (contact information at the bottom of this webpage).
- Advocates for Academics
Our primary goal is to help students excel in their academic performance. Our desire is to help them achieve their goals and to further develop the scholastic community
- Alpha Phi Sigma (Criminal Justice)
Alpha Phi Sigma is the only Criminal Justice Honor Society for Criminal Justice Majors. The society recognizes academic excellence of undergraduate, graduate, and and juris doctorate students.
- Biology Club at UIS
To exchange information and cooperation between members, promote scientific knowledge and to conduct club programs and activities to advance general interest and welfare of biology within the University
- The Boardroom
For interest and study in business strategy and strategic planning through discussions, projects, guest lectures, and case studies.
- Chemistry Club
For any student interested in chemistry, whether or not a major or minor
- Chi Sigma Iota Sigma Sigma Upsilon
Local chapter of the national counselor honor society
- Clinical Laboratory Science ClubThe Clinical Laboratory Club includes all junior and senior CLS students and anyone interested in the major. We have fund raisers to help support our trip to the Annual CLS meeting.
- Communication Club
Academic club focused within the Communication Department
- Computer Science ClubA club for computer science related activities.
- Go the Extra Mile
Supports and furthers the societal role of computer science.
- History ClubThe History Club at UIS was established in 1991 to promote the study and discussion of history. In the past, the members of the club have sponsored films, speakers, career fairs, trivia nights, and off-campus excursions to historical sites in cities like St. Louis and Hannibal, Missouri
- Lambda Pi Eta (Communication)
Lambda Pi Eta is an honorary association that acknowledges students who meet the following requirements: 3.0 cumulative GPA with 60 semester hours or 90 quarter credit hours completed. 3.25 GPA for commubication studies courses with 12 semester or 18 quarter credit hours completed
- Liberal Studies Club
Foster community and activities between students and faculty.
- Pre-Health Society at UIS
Assist students in becoming competitive in applications to health professional schools through speakers, study groups, volunteering and more.
- Pre-Law Society
For students interesting in attending law school after graduating from UIS.
- Professional Student Organization
Provides networking, social events, volunteering, and professional development for all graduate students.
- Psi Chi (Psychology)Psi Chi is the National Honors Society for undergraduate psychology. Psi Chi works to encourage community service and social involvement as well as to support and challenge psychology students academically.
- Research Society at UIS
Promotes and encourages research in any field of study.
- Society of Human Resource Management Student ChapterEducating UIS students of the Human Resource profession and making connections with the local Central Illinois Chapter of the Society of Human Resource Management
- Student Accounting SocietyClub works to provide Accountancy Majors with an opportunity to network with other students, professors, and employers from the area
- Asian Student Organization
Seeks to unite all Asian students, increase campus awareness of Asian culture, promote Asian students’ campus involvement, and encourage study abroad programs.
- Baking Club
For students interested in baking.
- Black Male Collegiate SocietyThe Black Male Collegiate Society shall serve to enrich the lives of black male students at UIS through educational and scholastic development, professional development, economic and financial planning, health awareness, cultural awareness, and community engagement
- Black Student Union To educate, unite and inspire black students with cultural awareness; to strive for academic excellence and empower black students to build the future while we motivate and learn
- Chinese Student Association
Contribute to the diversity in UIS by promoting Chinese culture
- Global Rhythm
Culturally diverse dance team celebrating different global traditions and passionate rhythms.
- Indian Society for Enriching Ethnic Standards
To introduce to the community of UIS about the culture and tradition of India. It also strives to familiarize various cultures and traditions of different countries to the Indian community
- Indian Student Organization
The ISO celebrates some of the many Indian festivals and assists incoming International students in adjusting. Sharing and exchanging cultural beliefs and customs, ISO encourages and welcomes awareness about India and its heritage
- International Student Association
Introducing other cultures to the UIS community and create events
for all students to improve friendship.
- Kinky & Curly : Natural Hair Empowerment Club
Kinky & Curly is a women’s empowerment group that addresses the roots of issues regarding self image and self esteem: our hair. This organization educates participants on how to care for their curls and kinks to rebuild confidence in unique beauty
- Organization of Latin American StudentsWe’re an organization dedicated to bringing diversity and cultural awareness to the UIS Campus.
- Queer-Straight AllianceTo provide community and support for LGBT students at UIS
- Rip the Runway
Promote world fashion while encouraging and influencing the UIS community to embrace individual and unique styles.
- Women’s Issue Caucus (WIC)Encourages students to become aware of women’s issues as well as work towards gender and sex equality.
- Alchemist Review
Showcases students’ creative writing and visual art, providing students with experience in publishing and building a supportive creative community amongst UIS students.
- Art Student League
The Art Students League manages the Access Gallery located in the main lobby of the Visual Performing Arts Building. We also hope to expand this year by hosting portfolio reviews as well as other art related activities.
- Blue Crew
- Chess Club at UIS
Provides casual play for UIS students, encouraging local residents to participate in tournaments.
- Crochet and Kitting Experience (CAKE)
For new and experienced knitters and crocheters.
- Cross Country and Track Club
Facilitate a cross country and track team at UIS.
- Dancing Stars
Promotes school spirit, enthusiasm, and attendance at athletic and spirit-oriented functions.
We are the official Dodgeball club at UIS. No experience or pre-formed groups needed. All are welcome. We play bi-weekly
- The Enclave
Defensive training for students who can demonstrate their compassion and humility.
- Japamime Springfield
Unites loves of Japanese culture, encouraging knowledge of Japanese history and an experience of Japanese and American pop culture fusion.
- Justice Billiards League for America
Holds billiards events and tournaments.
- Kids at Heart
Brings together students who want to relive childhood memories and experiences through movies, cartoons, games, and snacks.
- Legacy Dance Team
Promotes the love for dance, while encouraging students to try something new.
- Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) Club
Provide a place for students to pursue an interest in practicing MMA without the high fees, long travel, or extreme competitiveness associated with professional gyms.
- Model Illinois Government
Prepare for the MIG simulation held each year in March.
- Parent Association Fund
- Robotics Club
Explores robotic theories through practical experimentation.
- Women of Dignity
A social support women’s group who believe in giving back to UIS and the community
- Amnesty International at UIS
Our purpose is to protect people wherever justice, freedom, truth, and dignity are denied
- College Democrats at UISWe meet, listen to candidates, have fun and campaign
- College Republicans at UISVolunteer to help Republican candidates get elected, attend political rallies, meet policy makers, attend campaign schools and fundraisers
- Global Issues Club at the University of Illinois Springfield
Promotes the discussion and expansion of knowledge.
- Innocence Club
Dedicated to bringing awareness to the events that cause wrongful convictions and the legal atmosphere it occurs in.
- Liberty Forum
Discusses the ideas of a free society and creates student interest in those areas. This is a non-partisan group for the advancement of freedom, civil liberty, and limited government.
- Mock Trial Team @ UIS
Student participate in mock trial competitions in which they prepare and play the roles of attorneys and witnesses.
- Model United Nations
- Pre-Law Society
The UIS Pre-Law Society (PLS) offers a peer support system for the admissions process to any student interested in attending law school after graduating from UIS, as well relevant programs and activities which are of interest to pre-law students.
- Radical Student Union
Provide forum and discourse for students with alternate political views.
- Students Allied for a Greener EarthSAGE is an organization which faculty, staff, and students come together to promote environmental awareness on-campus as well as off-campus
- Bible Club
Brings together students for worship and Bible study.
- Christian Student Fellowship We are here to provide spiritual guidance and community. We have free food and a service on Fridays and small groups throughout the week.
- Epic Praise for Christ
Promote spirituality and faith through dance.
- Living Word Bible Study
A club on campus that encourages spiritual growth in God for college students, by providing Sunday Services on campus and sponsoring programs that students can get involved in and be positively affected as a whole
- St. Therese, the Little Flower Catholic Student Organization
For Catholics and non-Catholics to come together on campus for events and masses and to better understand the Catholic faith.
- Voices in Praise Choir
VIP Choir is led by instrumental Worship leaders who collaborate together to effectively flow in tune with the Holy Spirit, during each corporate service. The VIP Choir is made up of UIS students, faculty, and staff who are willing to dedicate the time and training.
- Alpha Phi Eta of Alpha Phi Omega
Alpha Phi Omega is a national coed service fraternity that promotes leadership, fellowship, and service
- Alternative Spring Break
We dedicate a week of our time during our Spring Break to help any cause
- American Red Cross Student Organization
Student support organization for the Capital Area Chapter of the American Red Cross.
- Global Brigades at UIS
The world’s largest student-led global health and sustainable development organization.
- Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity at UIS helps out with builds in Sangamon County. We also participate in a service trip every spring break. Past trips have included Sioux Falls, SD; New Orleans, LA; and Galveston, TX.
- Military and Veterans Students Organization
Provides a support network for the military and veterans students and their families at UIS.
Seeks men who exemplify community service and seek to attain fellowship among other like-minded men on the UIS campus.
- League of Legends at UIS
Brings together League of Legends players at UIS.
- Men’s Club Volleyball
Helps students improve skills and play at a competitive level.
- Sailing ClubMembers teach people how to sail and provide the boats to use.
- Spirit Team
Engages the student body in various sports events; basically a cheerleading team. We try to engage in cheerleading competitions.
- Squash Club
Promotes the sport of squash at UIS, allowing for selected members to participate in tournaments with other collegiate teams.
- Women’s Club Volleyball
Provides practice and collegiate competitive play.
We welcome your inquiries. Please use the contact information below.