Welcome Out-of-State Students!
High achieving students from the 5 contiguous states (Missouri, Iowa, Wisconsin, Indiana, Kentucky)
admitted to UIS
will be offered a grant equal to the difference between out-of-state and in-state tuition rate.
Pay a tuition rate that is comparable to in-state tuition,
and earn a world class U of I degree.
Requirements and Eligibility
- To be eligible to receive this grant, freshman applicants must have at least a 21 ACT (1470 SAT) and a cumulative GPA of a 2.75. This award can be renewed for up to 4 years, and students must maintain a cumulative institutional GPA of 2.75. (these requirements may not be appealed).
- Transfer students are also eligible for these awards. In order to receive it, students must have completed 30 semester hours of transferable college coursework and have a cumulative GPA of 2.5. These awards may also be renewed for up to 3 years (depending on the amount of credit they transfer in with), as long as students maintain a cumulative institutional GPA of 2.5.
- Must be fully admitted and enrolled in a degree-seeking program.
- Must be enrolled in an on-campus program (online programs are not eligible).
- Must have valid FAFSA on file with the Office of Financial Assistance by June 1, 2010.
- Your admissions application will serve as the scholarship application.
The grant award amount may vary, depending on how much it takes to give the student a tuition rate that is comparable to the in-state tuition rate for Illinois residents. There is no application for these awards; they will be awarded automatically to eligible students on a on a first come - first-served basis, until all funds are dispersed. Students given these grants may also be eligible for other academic scholarships.
- Freshman students may also be awarded Lincoln Merit Awards, Honors Program Merit Awards, and any applicable scholarships provided by donors. They are not eligible for any institutional need based awards.
- Transfer students may also be awarded any applicable transfer or donor scholarships, but are not eligible for institutional need-based awards.
- Athletes are also eligible for any of the above scholarships and awards, including Talent and Gender Equity Athletic awards, but are not eligible for need based awards.
Other Scholarship Opportunities
Check out some of our top programs