Use the links below to apply today online, or to download an application that you can return via postal mail.
- Check out the “How to Apply” section for step-by-step instructions
- Applying for an online course is the same procedure as applying for an on-campus course.
- Graduate students should be sure to check specific program requirements; there may be an additional application for the program you wish to enter.
Online Applications for Admission:
- Undergraduate Freshman Students (First-Year Students)
- International Freshman Students
- Undergraduate Transfer Students
- International Undergraduate Transfer Students
- Undergraduate Non Degree Seeking Students
- Graduate Non Degree Seeking Students
- Graduate Students
- International Graduate Students
- Intensive English Program
Downloadable Applications for Admission:
Please download the appropriate application form and mail the completed application to the UIS Office of Admissions.
Note: These files are in Adobe Reader format. To use them, you must download and install the free Adobe Reader software.
- Undergraduate Freshmen Students (First-Year Students) [PDF]
- Undergraduate Transfer Students [PDF]
- Graduate Students [PDF]
- Graduate Assistanship/Graduate Public Service Intership Application [PDF]
- Intensive English Program
If you believe you meet the requirements for application to UIS, please
follow these procedures:
Complete the appropriate Application for Admission form. This form
can either be submitted electronically or downloaded and mailed to
the Office of Admissions.
If you apply electronically, you can check the status of your application online.
- Send official or certified academic records. Photocopies will not be accepted.
- Submit applicable personal and academic statements (required for freshman applicants, all other applicants should consult their chosen program of study for requirements).
- Submit all applicable test scores.GRE, GMAT, and TOEFL: institutional code for UIS is 1787
ACT: institutional code for UIS is 1137
AP, CLEP and SAT: institutional code for UIS is 0834
- Please submit the non-refundable application fee.a. For Domestic students:
Please include a non-refundable $50 undergraduate application fee, or non-refundable $60 graduate application fee, payable to the University of Illinois at Springfield.b. For International students:
Please include a non-refundable $60 undergraduate application fee, or non-refundable $75 graduate application fee, payable to the University of Illinois at Springfield.Students who are not U.S. citizens must have a tuberculin skin test done at the Campus Health Service office on arrival and prior to registering. If the test is positive, they will be required to have a chest x-ray when they arrive on campus. International students who have had a positive tuberculin skin test in the past are required to bring a statement from the health care provider who performed the test, giving the date of the test and the size of the induration in millimeters. They will be required to have a chest x-ray when they arrive on campus.
All medical records must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
Deadlines: International students applying from abroad should submit complete files by: June 1 for fall terms; November 1 for spring terms; and April 1 for summer sessions.
International Students must also submit a Financial Affidavit form [PDF].
- Once everything is received, the UIS admissions staff will review your application and notify