Use the links below to apply today online, or to download an application that you can return via postal mail.
- Check out the “How to Apply” section for step-by-step instructions
- Applying for an online course is the same procedure as applying for an on-campus course.
- Graduate students should be sure to check specific program requirements; there may be an additional application for the program you wish to enter.
- Eligible freshman applicants who are eligible for the Honors Program will automatically be review by the Honors Program; no extra application is required.
Online Applications for Admission:
- Undergraduate Freshman Students (First-Year Students)
- International Freshman Students
- Undergraduate Transfer Students
- International Undergraduate Transfer Students
- Undergraduate Non Degree Seeking Students
- Graduate Non Degree Seeking Students
- Graduate Students
- International Graduate Students
- Intensive English Program
Downloadable Applications for Admission:
Please download the appropriate application form and mail the completed application to the UIS Office of Admissions.
Note: These files are in Adobe Reader format. To use them, you must download and install the free Adobe Reader software.
- Undergraduate Freshmen Students (First-Year Students) [PDF]
- Undergraduate Transfer Students [PDF]
- Graduate Students [PDF]
- Graduate Assistanship/Graduate Public Service Intership Application [PDF]
- Intensive English Program
If you believe you meet the requirements for application to UIS, please
follow these procedures:
Complete the appropriate Application for Admission form. This form
can either be submitted electronically or downloaded and mailed to
the Office of Admissions.
If you apply electronically, you can check the status of your application online.
- Send official or certified academic records. Photocopies will not be accepted. If original transcripts are not in English, we must also have an English translation. Though not required, a transcript evaluation supplied by ECE, WES, or IES will expedite the admissions evaluation.
- Submit applicable personal and academic statements (required for freshman applicants, all other applicants should consult their chosen program of study for requirements).
- Submit all applicable test scores.
GRE, GMAT, and TOEFL: institutional code for UIS is 1787 ACT: institutional code for UIS is 1137 CLEP and SAT: institutional code for UIS is 0834
- Non-refundable application fee. You will have the chance to submit it online after completing the online application. Alternately, it can also be mailed to the university, payable to University of Illinois Springfield..
- International Students must also submit a Financial Affidavit form [PDF] and an official bank statement. Bank statements must be in a bank-sealed envelope.
- Once everything is received, the UIS admissions staff will review your application and notify you accordingly. Remember that you can check your application status at any time online.