Collaborative Research Faculty Program
The Collaborative Research Faculty, also known as the CRFers (“surfers”), are a small group of highly interested faculty members who contribute their time and expertise to foundational work on the Quality Initiative. This group of teacher-scholars will have the opportunity to work together on the development of questions about learning outcomes, and those questions will help guide the Quality Initiative work and more.
These scholarly efforts will inform our decision-making about the curriculum and maximize the benefits our students receive from their learning opportunities at UIS. What we learn can make an important contribution to the profession of college-level teaching generally, so this represents an opportunity for faculty to disseminate their collaborative work in high quality conference presentations and publications.
Collaborative Research Faculty 2015-16 and 2016-17
- Victoria Childs, Teacher Education Preparation
- Jennifer Manthei, Sociology/Anthropology
- Kay McChesney, Social Work
- Laurel Newman, Business Administration
- Tiffani Saunders, Sociology/Anthropology and African-American Studies
- Steve Schnebly, Criminology & Criminal Justice