“Earnest” and “hard-working,” “striving for success”: These are words that describe the students who receive UIS’ privately funded scholarships. We wanted you to get to know a few of these students. Enjoy the stories of the three students at left, and please be inspired to give!
- RAYGENE BRICE (right) has triumphed over tremendous odds to come to UIS; her scholarship from Brad and Jen Ward helps.
- Through her art, KAREN BOEREMA honors her scholarship donor’s reasons for giving.
- Scholarship recipient AMBER DANIELS has a special reason for wanting to be a social worker.
- NICHOLAS NASUTA knows how important a college degree–and a scholarship–are.
- JESSICA ODIGIE shares an important way that donors encourage recipients.
- ROBERT VON NORDHEIM‘s horizons expand dramatically thanks to scholarships.