What We Offer You
Annual Scholarship Luncheon
Each November, if you give $1,000 or more to scholarships, the Office of Development will invite you to a delicious luncheon where your gift will be recognized and honored, and if possible, you can meet your scholarship recipient. Meeting your recipient is one of the most gratifying aspects of giving a scholarship, and we don't want you to miss it, so if either of you cannot come to the luncheon, we’ll try to set up an alternate time for you to meet.
A Personal Written Thank You
Each year students write their donors a thank you letter--and this is one writing assignment that students don't complain about. You can read quotes from these letters on the Access Illinois homepage.
- We will strive to fulfill your wishes regarding criteria as much as we are able.
- We will keep your personal information confidential. You may even keep your gift as anonymous if you wish.
- We will publicize your gift, usually on our website (uis.edu/development)—but only with your approval. You’ll see anything we produce before we use it, and if you want, you can refuse all publicity.
- We will be transparent about the use of your gift. You'll know the name of your recipient. If you endow your scholarship, you will also receive an annual account statement for your endowment fund.
- We will invite you to the annual scholarship luncheon (see above).
- We're here to answer questions. As a scholarship donor, you’ll be playing an important—even vital—role in our students' success. Please feel free to contact us.