The New Academic Programs Task Force is charged with the task of developing a prioritized list of viable new academic programs, at the undergraduate level, that will contribute to enrollment growth and academic excellence at the University of Illinois at Springfield (UIS). Ideal academic programs are those that will:
- provide preparation for occupations in demand at local, regional, and/or national levels for the foreseeable future,
- meet high demand from prospective undergraduate students,
- fit well with the UIS mission, vision, and location,
- contribute to UIS’ reputation as a premier regional university, and
- generate enrollment growth.
Program possibilities will be evaluated using a variety of qualitative and quantitative data, including but not limited to occupational outlooks, economic trends, admissions applicant requests, and business plan projections. It is expected that the work of the Task Force will include developing a prioritized list of new, viable academic programs for UIS.