International Students and Scholars
- Strong, world-renowned reputation as part of the University of Illinois system
- Teaching-focused, friendly professors and ample academic support services
- Internship and research opportunities: Gain relevant work experience and lab time with professors to conduct research
- Affordable, comfortable campus housing for both undergraduate and graduate students
- Small classes: Student-faculty ratio is 15:1
- Safe, welcoming campus located in the all-American city of Springfield, Illinois
- Office of International Student Services help international students adapt to campus and help with immigration regulations
International Student Stories
View Photos from UIS Events
- Office of International Student Services
We are your primary liaison with the university community and the U.S. government. We help with immigration regulations and university policies.
- Office of International Programs
We manage the study abroad program, the ESL program, and handle international faculty and staff immigration issues.
- The English as a Second Language program serves students whose first language is not English.
- Global Studies
This undergraduate degree focuses on global issues such as war and peace and globalization.
- Diversity Center
This is a cultural, educational and social entity on campus to represent and advocate the concerns and challenges for all students.
Date: November 4, 2016
Time: 5:00-8:00 PM
Venue: The Recreation and Athletic Center (TRAC)*
The International Festival is the longest running student-led program in the history of UIS. The festival features cultural performances, fun and games from around the globe, exhibits, and a variety of ethnic foods.
*Note: Parking is free for the event. View the Maps website for location and parking details.